Saturday 23 January 2016

Go-To Skincare Face Hero



























I have been wanting to try the funky and fabulous Go-To Skincare range by Zoe Blake for such a while now - those exfoliating pads especially! - and have been trialling the Face Hero oil for the last couple of months. I have been using it as more of a heavy duty injection of moisture for when my skin is feeling particularly dry or dull, rather than an every day serum.

It's quite a thin, runny oil compared to some of the face oils I have previously used (even in the middle of winter!), so you have to be careful as it is likely to run out of the dropper without any prompting! This does make it easy to spread over the face however and ensures every part of your face can enjoy the goodness. It smells divine in a woodsy, herbal way with a slightly sweet undertone from the orange blossom and rose gardenia natural fragrance.

I tend to use this one at night rather than in the morning as it is a little too heavy for underneath makeup. When I wake up in the morning after applying at night, my skin is glowing and nourished with not a dry patch in sight. It does sink in quickly after applying, although you are left with the characteristic film of oiliness from applying an oil product. I also like to apply this over my lips when they are particularly dry and top with a lip balm overnight. I wake up with hydrated lips in the morning with no flakes.



























Is this a face hero, as its name implies? I certainly think so. I like to have a couple of different oils and serums on the go at once, and depending on how my skin is feeling will determine which one I use each day. When my skin is dull, dry and generally needing some TLC, this beautiful golden oil is the one I reach for. If I have any dry flakes, this is an oil that will certainly clear them up overnight. It is a great option for when I am feeling like using something very natural with minimal ingredients that won't irritate my skin.

Ingredients are, of course, completely natural. Almond, jojoba, macadamia, brazil nut, evening primrose, buriti, arnica, rosehip, calendula, and kiwi fruit seed oils all feature. Making up the remainder of the ingredients list is Vitamin E in the form of tocopherol, a natural antibacterial and preservative extract from the New Zealand totara tree called totarol, rosemary seed extract, and natural fragrance.

Price: $45.00 (Go-To Skincare website) [$1.50/mL]
Rate: Ingredients, efficacy, scent, packaging, Australian made and owned
Hate: Nothing!
Verdict: Would repurchase and so keen to try out more from this awesome brand!

P.S. What do you think of my outdoorsy photos for this post? I might have made a bit of a fool of myself taking photos of skincare products outside the front of my house (conveniently situated on the corner of a very busy roundabout intersection). Eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment