Sunday 3 September 2017

asap Super C Serum

asap is a pretty new brand in my world. Although I have seen it around plenty, it was only recently when my sister became pregnant and gifted me with the super C serum (as she was wary of using it whilst pregnant and also found it too hydrating - or something - on her oily skin) that I have actually used any products from the brand. And now I want to try everything! asap is an Australian cosmeceutical skincare range launched in 2000 that focuses on using active ingredients, such as AHAs and antioxidants, to provide great, fast-acting results. They are cruelty free and their products contain no artificial fragrances or parabens.

The super C serum promises to reduce the visible signs of premature ageing caused by the sun and other environmental damage. With daily use, it promises to promote skin radiance and clarity.

The serum is a thick yellowish cream that has a silicone feel to it when spread over the skin. The packaging is awesome, in one of those vacuum tubes that pushes the product up as you pump it so that you can use every last speck and is also super hygienic. It has a tangy, acidic scent and, because of the high vitamin C content at 20%, can tingle a little on application - especially if you have not used vitamin C before. Oh, and definitely do NOT apply this to any broken skin or open breakouts. OUCH.

Whilst it is recommended to use this during the day to assist with the efficacy of the vitamin C via exposure to sunlight, I actually prefer to use this at night. I find silicone to sometimes be quite drying on my skin, so this is better for overnight use for me when I can use a heavy duty night cream over the top. I have also noticed that this affects the longevity of makeup, in that my foundation is much more broken up by the end of the day at work when I have used this on my skin in the morning. So, this is generally a night time treatment for me, except on lazy weekend days when I am just around the house and not wearing a full face of makeup.


This serum has had pretty amazing effects on my skin. When I use this consistently, it has helped significantly with clearing up the regular breakouts along my jawline and chin. My skin is plumper and looks fresher, brighter. The silicone has not had its usual drying effect on my skin, although there has been one dry patch on my forehead, which I think was caused by overuse of a gritty exfoliating cleanser rather than this serum. I am so happy to have found a vitamin C serum that has had benefits for my skin, after having a bit of a fail with the 100% Pure Vitamin C Serum which contained too small a concentration of vitamin C to help my skin much. I would definitely recommend the asap serum to help with brightening and freshening up your skin, as it has had some great effects on my dry, breakout-prone skin.

The super C serum has a silicone base and includes isopropyl myristate (an emollient for hydration purposes), vitamin C as ascorbic acid (20%), hydroxydecyl ubiquinone i.e. CoQ10 (a powerful antioxidant), pine bark extract (antioxidant), vitamin E as tocopherol, glycerin (an humectant for hydration), soybean oil, beta-carotene, grapefruit peel oil, orange peel oil, bergamot oil, lime oil, vanilla extract, cedar bark oil, silica heliotropine (silicone), cyclopentasiloxane (more silicone), stearic acid (a fatty acid), and rapeseed (canola) oil.

Price: $89.00 (Adore Beauty website) [$2.97/mL]
Rate: efficacy, packaging, formula, Australian company, cruelty free
Hate: price (but shop around because you can usually find it for around $20.00 off the RRP)
Verdict: this is a definite repurchase for me and, after having it on my wishlist, I actually bought the asap Platinum Collection recently, which includes this in 15mL size, to try out more of the asap range

No comments:

Post a Comment