Wednesday 14 January 2015

Lancôme Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector [LR 2412 4%]



I never thought I would see the day when I thought forking out $97 for a serum for my face was a rational thing to do. Well, the day has come. And let's just say that every single dollar was worth it!

Yep, Lancôme Visionnaire is the love of my skincare life right now. I was able to try out a sample from The Parcel by Marie Claire and that 7mL was enough to convince me that I needed more in my life. So a full size 30mL turquoise bottle of this lovely, pump-packaged serum was soon taking pride of place on my dressing table.

I'm not sure how it does it, but this serum manages to smooth, brighten and soften my skin. Within a week of starting to use it, I saw less breakouts and overall my skin looked healthier, more hydrated. I've been using every morning and night for about two to three months now and I've not noticed any radical changes over time - just that fantastically smooth and plump skin that it created originally. However, I'm sure if I stopped using it, the difference would be noticeable!

With my full size purchase, I managed to buy the older serum rather than the second generation which is more concentrated in its main ingredient LR 2412 (derived from the jasmine plant). I would have preferred the second generation serum - there is not so much of a noticeable scent and I think I would see better results.





























The instructions say to use three pumps day and night, but I am only using one pump. I can't bear to see it disappear so quickly! It is easy to smooth over your face with a lovely silky texture (hmm, silicon...) and sinks in very quickly so that you can apply moisturiser or night cream over the top. Like I mentioned, there is a bit of a scent to it that I'm not sure how to describe - a little chemically but not in a bad way!

The only downside to the serum (besides the price) is the amount of alcohol contained in it. I'm not sure if this is doing good or bad things for my acne, because alcohol can be inflammatory despite the other benefits of the serum. It also contains silicons, which explains the silky texture, and are unfortunately my skins number one hate (though I haven't noticed any drying out from using the serum).

So there is good and bad to this serum, despite the great results I've seen using it!

Price: $97.00 (Myer or David Jones) [$3.23/mL]
Rate: effective, easy to use, great pump packaging, sinks in quickly
Hate: price, amount of alcohol in formula, silicon
Verdict: may repurchase sometime in the future if I don't find something better (in terms of ingredients, not performance)

No comments:

Post a Comment